Dogtopia Deed of Release
The safety and well-being of your pet(s) is of paramount importance to Dogtopia Retreat. Ensuring your pet remains safe and well cared for is our first responsibility and as such we take it very seriously. We do our best to have all pets screened for pre-existing conditions but some factors may be beyond our control.
1) The dog owner (“you”, “I”) understands that all canine clients enrolled with Dogtopia Retreat must have a current C5 vaccination (Parvovirus, Distemper, Parainfluenza, Bordetella Bronchiseptica and Hepatitis) to participate in daycare.
2) I understand that antibody titre testing for Parvovirus/Distemper/Hepatitis may be accepted, provided proof is provided of annual testing, but that my dog must still be vaccinated for Parainfluenza and Bordetella Bronchiseptica annually.
3) If my dog is a juvenile, I understand it must have completed the puppy course of C5 vaccinations with a final vaccination at or after 16 weeks of age and may not attend daycare until at least 7 days after the final vaccination in the course.
4) I understand that if my dog is not current on these requirements, he/she will not be able to attend daycare until these have been updated and a minimum waiting period of 7 days has passed.
5) I understand that I must provide written proof of up to date C5 Vaccination (certificate from my veterinarian) or antibody titre testing (laboratory report).
Parasite Prevention Requirements
6) I will ensure my dog is on appropriate long acting flea/tick treatment (products with minimum duration of 1 month) and is regularly wormed with an intestinal worming product (at least every 3 months). I understand I will be required to provide Dogtopia Retreat Staff with the name of the products I am currently using and their frequency of use.
7) I understand that my dog must be free of fleas and parasites to participate. If fleas/ticks or worms are evident on any animal, that animal will be treated immediately with an appropriate product. There will be an additional charge for any necessary flea or parasite treatment.
8) I understand that if my dog is over the age of 6 months, it must be desexed in order to attend the Dogtopia Retreat facility.
Suitability for Daycare
9) I understand that an assessment on admission conducted by a senior staff member will determine if my dog is suitable for the Dogtopia Retreat environment. Although this assessment reduces the risk of disputes occurring between dogs, I accept that it does not eliminate this risk.
10) I understand that Dogtopia Retreat has relied upon my representation that my dog is in good health and has not injured or shown aggression or threatening behavior to any person or dog in the past.
11) I understand and agree that any problems with my dog (behavioral, medical or otherwise) will be treated as deemed as in the best interests of my animal at the discretion of Dogtopia Retreat staff. I understand and assume full financial responsibility and all liability for any and all expenses involved in regard to the behavior and health of my dog.
12) I understand that if my dog begins to display aggressive behavior, Dogtopia Retreat may terminate my daycare membership.
Group Socialisation and Safety
13) In order to maintain the safety of my pet, I am aware that my dog must approach, enter and leave the facility on a lead at all times.
14) I acknowledge that Dogtopia Retreat is a cage-free environment and my dog will be interacting off leash with other dogs on the premises.
15) I acknowledge that Dogtopia Retreat staff may use certain corrective behavior techniques (in no way detrimental to my dog) to maintain an enjoyable and safe environment for all dogs.
16) I understand there are risks and benefits associated with group socialization of dogs. I agree the benefits outweigh the risks and that I accept the risks. I desire a socialized environment for my dog while in the care of Dogtopia Retreat. I understand that while the socialization and play is closely and carefully monitored by Dogtopia Retreat staff to prevent injury, it is still possible that during the course of normal play my dog may receive minor nicks and scratches from roughhousing with other dogs. Any injuries to my dog will be pointed out by staff upon pick-up.
Injury or Illness Requiring Treatment
17) I understand that some risks always exist with canine corporate play and that I am encouraged to discuss any concerns I have about those risks with Dogtopia Retreat staff before I sign this release. I agree to let my dog participate in canine corporate play. My signature on this form indicates that any questions have been answered to my satisfaction.
18) I understand, that should my dog become ill or injured while in the Dogtopia Retreat Centre, staff will administer basic first aid and contact me immediately to transfer to a Veterinary Clinic for further treatment if required. I will be liable for any transport and treatment expenses incurred. Dogtopia Retreat will make every effort to contact you however if unable to in a reasonable time frame, reserves the right to transfer the animal to its nominated clinic – My Pet Hub Townsville (Dogtopia Retreat Kirwan) or Greencross Vets Hyde Park (Dogtopia Retreat Currajong) located adjacent to the facility.
19) I understand that Dogtopia Retreat owners, staff, partners and volunteers will not be liable, financially or otherwise, for injuries to my dog whilst my dog is participating in services provided by Dogtopia Retreat. I hereby release Dogtopia Retreat of any liability of any kind arising from my dog’s participation in any and all services provided by this facility.
20) I shall reimburse Dogtopia Retreat for all services rendered, and services sought from third parties such as medical treatment in relation to any loss, injuries or harm sustained by my dog or inflicted by my dog upon a person while at the facility.
21) I understand that I am solely responsible, financially or otherwise, for any harm or damage caused by my dog when it attends any service provided by Dogtopia Retreat.
22) Dogtopia Retreat is not responsible for any accidental death of my pet due to a pre-existing health condition or natural disaster (including but not limited to fire, storm, flood, cyclone)
Photo and Digital Media Release
23) I understand by allowing my dog to participate in services offered by Dogtopia Retreat, I hereby agree to allow the facility to take photographs or use of images of my pet in print form or otherwise for publication and/or promotion. I authorize Dogtopia Retreat to take photographs/video of my dog while participating in corporate play and I authorize the use of these photos/video in related marketing material and on social media websites.
Collection of your Dog
24) Dogtopia Retreat is currently not a boarding facility. Thus, your dog must be collected prior to the Centre’s closing time of 6.30pm. All late pick-ups will incur a surcharge. I understand that if my dog is not collected by 6:30pm it will incur a surcharge of an overnight fee which will be charged accordingly.
25) I understand that if my pet is not collected on time or by date specified in a separate agreement, I hereby authorize Dogtopia Retreat to take whichever action is deemed necessary for the continuing care of my dog. I will pay Dogtopia Retreat the cost of any such continuing care upon demand by the facility. I understand that if I do not pick up my animal, Dogtopia Retreat will proceed according to the guidelines provided by the Animal Care and Protection Act 2001. I also acknowledge that I will be fully responsible for all attorneys’ fees and associated costs if I abandon my dog.