Puppy Primary School
Unfortunately, some puppies and families might miss the chance to develop these skills via puppy preschool, that is why we developed a class for the next stage upward in learning and development.
Primary School Requirements
All puppies enrolled into Primary School will be between 17 weeks and 6 months of age, up to date with all their vaccinations to clinic policy and up to date with parasite control.
What will I learn?
Our classes are personalised to ensure you and your puppy get the most out of primary school to graduate with life skills and real-life troubleshooting abilities. Our skilled trainers will tailor the sessions based on the puppies requirements such as:
1) Trouble shooting common behavioural concerns:
- Crying at night or when left alone
- Toilet training (if required)
2) Importance of desensitisation – to surrounding environmental factors and to physical touch
3) Communication – towards your puppy, receiving end from your puppy.
E.g. body language, vocalisation, play styles, etc
4) Body Language
Developing the knowledge of the signs of stress, dominance, aggression, positive body language, etc
5) Learning what positive and equal puppy play looks like
6) Preventative training
What will my puppy learn?
Your puppy will graduate with a wide range of skills and manners to ensure they develop into happy confident dogs. The following are just a few of the skills your puppy will learn:
1) Beginner Skills & Cues
2) Intermediate Skills & Cues
- Loose Leash Walking
3) Applying Skills to real life situations
4) Conquering fears – i.e. ramps, heights, water, etc
5) Positive Social Skills – for interactions with other dogs and people on and off leash