Puppy preschool is a great way to kick start your puppy’s development and learning in a controlled safe environment.
Preschool School Requirements
All puppies enrolled in puppy preschool must be within 8 weeks to 16 weeks of age, have had their first vaccination and maintain their vaccine schedule throughout the course duration. Puppies should also be up to date with their parasite control as they will be in a group class with other puppies.
What will I learn?
Our classes are personalised to ensure you and your puppy get the most out of puppy school.
While it is important to teach a puppy how to sit and stay we focus on teaching lifelong socialisation skills and manners to develop happy confident dogs. Classes are designed to reflect the needs of you and your puppy’s lifestyle. You will learn valuable life-long tips that you can continue teaching and training at home.
Along with training your puppy you will also gain personalised advice on –
Common and sometimes challenging puppy behaviours such as:
- Toilet training
- Your puppy’s development including age specific behaviours.
- Puppy socialization, communication and body language.
- How to calm and handle your puppy in a positive manner.
- How your puppy learns and learning for life.
- Setting up your puppy’s home and creating a safe space.
- Environmental enrichment and play.
- Personalised advice on the health and wellbeing of your puppy including nutrition, preventatives and veterinary care.
What will my puppy learn?
Your puppy will graduate with a wide range of skills and manners to ensure they develop into happy confident dogs. The following are just a few of the skills your puppy will learn:
- How to make friends
Socialisation and communication through play sessions with other puppies in a safe and controlled environment.
- Basic manners and ‘cues’ such as:
3. How to be calm and the enjoyment of positive handling.
4. Desensitisation – to surroundings, environment and physical touch.